Here, the menu is always changing with several choices each day. Sometimes you are in the mood for fine cuisine and other times it’s comfort food. In the summer, the chef prepares dishes that are light and local. In the winter, the fare can be heartier, heart-warming. It’s your choice! Our focus, however, stays the same: to be your favorite, neighborhood joint. A place where you love being a regular—and each meal ends with excitement about what tomorrow will bring.
Take in panoramic views of our tranquil lily ponds while enjoying:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served directly to your table
- Menu options change daily for a variety of selections
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and specialty salads available
- Homemade seasonal soups prepared daily
- Special meals for holidays and celebrations
- On-site registered dietitian
Catch a ride
If you need to head to a doctor’s appointment, drivers are available. We also have scheduled transportation to weekly shopping, museums, concerts, casinos, theater and other local highlights.
Neighborhood conveniences are only a short drive away
- Third Avenue Village for shopping, dining and general business
- Chula Vista Senior Center and Bonita Public Library
- San Diego Trolley and transit station
- Park Plaza and Westfield Plaza Bonita malls
- The Old Globe, OnStage Playhouse, Lambs Theatre, Coronado Playhouse, San Diego Symphony and more!
There’s so much to explore nearby
- Balboa Park, Little Italy, Seaport Village, Gaslamp Quarter, Harbor Island, Shelter Islands
- Coronado Island, Imperial Beach, Silver Strand State Beach, Point Loma
- Chula Vista Marina and Park, Living Coast Discovery Center
- Downtown San Diego, USS Midway Museum, Petco Park, Old Towne
Fido and Kitty welcome here
Pets are part of your life, so they’re a welcome part of our community. The park-like campus is perfect for your dog’s daily walk, and your cat will enjoy alternating between birdwatching from your front window and napping in the sunny spots of your new home in our senior living community.
Together, you can enjoy:
- Our friendly fenced dog park
- Colorful flower and vegetable gardens
- Lily ponds with flat walking path
- 24-acres of pathways throughout the community
Note: A pet application and fee are required.
A social calendar that suits you
You’ll find your days fill up quickly here. There are club meetings to go to, celebrations to attend and friends to meet. So many interesting things that you may feel like our social calendar was designed specifically for you. But then you realize how many others seem to find just what they’re looking for at Fredericka Manor.
There are over 25 resident-led clubs and weekly events:
- Dart baseball league
- Fredericka Manor Chorus
- Contract bridge
- Book clubs and discussion groups
- Emma’s convenience store and Bargain Box resale shop
- Committees such as: Food Service, Grounds and Maintenance, Activities, Birthday Night and more!
Hone your craft or learn something new:
- Bocce court and shuffleboard court
- 9-hole putting green
- Sewing room and fix-it shop
- Clavinova Keyboard music room with full-time instruction
- Bible study, religious worship and services
- Needle crafters
Invigorate your every day
From our newly renovated fitness center to our 24-acres of walking paths to outdoor bocce courts and more, residents find a variety of ways to work out. With an exercise physiologist and fitness instructor on site, as well as a wide range of indoor and outdoor classes and games, staying fit is stress-free…and (dare we say it?) fun.
Try your hand at a exercise class:
- Strength training
- Balance and stability
- Line dancing
- Wii bowling
- Yoga and guided meditation
- Chair aerobics
The 24-hour wellness clinic offers:
- Health and diet counseling
- Vital signs checkup
- Medical record maintenance
- First aid treatment for minor injuries
- Arrangements for medical appointments and transportation
- Emergency staff available 24 hours a day
Uncover new passions and ideas
Our community is all about cultivating new interests and sharing wisdom accumulated over a life well-lived. Sometimes you are the student and sometimes the teacher. We call on outside experts to teach classes and lead discussion groups. And for those who are looking for new reading material, our library is well-stocked and frequently updated. Lifelong learning can take many forms. Perhaps you want to take up the ukulele, learn a new language or try the latest dance moves. Or perhaps volunteering is your passion. With more than 25 interest groups on campus, there are many opportunities to engage and connect with whatever floats your boat!
Pursue new interests or hone your skills:
- Our History Matters: Lectures about different historical periods and events
- Geoff Lutz Music Lecture: Learn about different genres of music, singers and musical periods
- Learn about a wide range of topics in our DVD Series taught by a variety of professors and facilitated by residents
- Senior Monday at Fleet Science Center
- Resident Speakers’ Circle
Embrace the arts
Art fills life with passion, purpose, and inspiration. It brings people and ideas together. That’s why we prioritize the arts at Fredericka Manor. There are ukelele classes in the Clavinova Music Room and concerts from visiting musicians during the Tuesday Night Music Program. We have painting and sculpture classes, and performances by local talent. Endless opportunities for enjoyment whether you’re an artist or an art aficionado.
We offer a variety of clubs and classes:
- Tuesday Night Music Program
- Ukelele class
- Fredericka Choir
- Garden Club
A place to get a quick trim or a thank you gift. A person you can trust to sew on a button. These are the little things that make a big difference, turning daily errands into easy things to check off your to-do list.
Neighborhood conveniences around Fredericka Manor:
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Emma’s (a store for sundries, gifts and treasures)
- Mr. Fix-It Shop
- Sewing room
- Bargain Box resale store